5) Louise Brooks aka Lulu for trending bobbed hair and evoking a lifetime of devotion from an early boyfriend, CBS founder William S. Paley.
4) Josephine Baker for dancing the Charleston with abandon in France decades before every tightly wound 1950s college girl went for a liberating junior year abroad.
3) Clara Bow for being the “It” girl and withstanding rumors that she was intimate with the entire USC football team.
2) Tallulah Bankhead for wit: “The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it.”
1) Zelda Fitzgerald for dancing, writing, painting, jumping in the Plaza Fountain, and never apologizing for any of it.